NEMO-Q Touchscreen Guidance & Resources – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The most practical advice is for people to make sure they are thoroughly washing and cleaning their hands several times a day, thus reducing the risks of transmission of any infection. However, we still recommend you thoroughly clean and sanitize your touchscreens, especially in a lobby environment. We have put together some DO’s and DON’Ts for cleaning your NEMO-Q touchscreen.
- Use a Micro-fiber cloth when available. Paper towels will also suffice.
- To avoid scratching your touchscreen, make sure any cloth you use is clean and soft, and always rub gently. If you apply too much pressure to your screen, you may create dead spots, or non-functioning pixels, so take your time and be gentle. Once the screen is clean, avoid touching it with your fingers.
- Use a NEMO-Q approved cleaning solution like isopropyl alcohol (at least 70%) on your touchscreen. Windex (without Ammonia) will suffice if available.
- Never pour or spray liquid directly on the screen. Dab a little on a clean cloth. The cloth should be moist, not wet.
- When finished, allow the touchscreen to air dry.
- Do not use any product with Ammonia (NH3) to clean your touchscreen.
- Ammonia isn’t the only cleaning solvent ingredient you should avoid when taking care of your touchscreen. Unless your equipment manufacturer indicates otherwise, steer clear of.
- Ethyl Acid
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Methyl Chloride